Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Suffering for Jesus..........





Thought I should post a few pictures of the highs & lows of this experience. Actually, cleaning bathrooms has not been the low of my job experience, but I didn't get a picture of that activity.

To explain the lower than "cleaning toilets" - when I had finished my assigned tasks a few days ago, I went to the supervisor looking for something to fill the rest of the day and he sent me to clean electrical rooms - there is one on each floor of each wing, so there is ten in total. Well these rooms need to be well ventilated, they draw air from hallways, are warm, and they are like dirt/dust collectors. I needed to sweep which stirred up the dust and even with the exterior fan operating, I was filthy when I was finished.

We, the men, joke here about cleaning washrooms - the men do the public washrooms and there are 12 of them. You get assigned a week at a time. I think the two pictures tell enough of the toilet experience.

The other two pictures are the high of each day - 15 minutes in the whirlpool followed by a refreshing swim. As one of the guys likes to say - "we get to enjoy all this for a few hours of work each day".

I didn't include any volunteers in bathing suits in the whirlpool/pool pictures to help your eyesight - most of us are seniors!

Yes, the highs and the lows of the Haggai experience!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home