Saturday, March 06, 2010

End of Session


Another session has been completed here with 29 new alumni. These fellows leave this weekend and we have the building to ourselves until next weekend when 30 new participants arrive. I took the last faculty member to the airport yesterday and had another "small world" experience. This fellow was from Antigua and mentioned that he had been to Honolulu in 1997. When I asked if it was a vacation or business, he told me he was attending a Jaycee World Congress. Marlene and I attended a Jayceee World Congress in Honolulu in 1971! He is Jaycee Senator #65000 (or there abouts) - I am #18,517. So another example that you have something in common with almost everyone if you have the chance to talk. This fellow from Antigua operates a leadership development company in the West Indies, and his subject here at Haggai was "Training".

One aside from last weeks Tsunami scare was my trip to the airport on Saturday morning. My pickup was a faculty member from Malaysia who is confined to a wheelchair. Because of the impending Tsunami, they wouldn't let him come down to the luggage claim area where I was waiting. I finally asked for a PA announcement, and the info desk lady asked the name. When I told her it was "Kim Kong Wong", she asked if I was pulling her leg. Then she asked what the last name was and I told her I thought it was "Kong". When I related this to one of the ladies on staff here, she said I should have replied - "I think it's Kong, but I might be Wong".

So next week should be quiet for me, at least, since my driving to pick up faculty won't start again until the weekend. There will be lots of cleaning etc, as we will do projects that we can't get at while guests are in residence.

I've included a picture of the current volunteer group - you'll note we have one thing in common - age!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Donna said...

Hi Folks: Hope thins find all well with you. All is good here, for the past two weeks, our weather has been nice, very sunny and mild. Looking ahead, at least for the next two weeks, there is no snow on the radar, so hopefully we are done with winter.
Tom wanted me to write to let you know that this afternoon, a girl from the insurance company was over at your place measuring all around the outside. Tom spoke to her, but didn't tell her that you were away.
Nothing much else new here. Take care.

Donna

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home