Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Aloha







Greetings to all


Just want to add my two cents worth! and mention a few highlights during our time here. Several weeks ago I was invited to sit in on a class, by one of the faculty members who was teaching about Servant Leadership. This rarely happens, so it was quite an honour! At one point during the class , he asked about my background, where I was born, educated, job opportunities, making the point that I was serving here at Haggai Institute by my own free will, & that no-one forced me to come here to serve others, so why am I doing what I do? Because I love the Lord! & was called to do what we are doing! And it has been a wonderful blessing to us!


A group of ladies have been doing a Beth Moore Bible Study on the book of Daniel, which started just after we arrived, and finished last week! I would highly recommend it to anyone!


Each Tuesday morning we have been priviledged to have a Faculty member, or one of the top staff members speak to us volunteers, and they have been very stimulating & rewarding times. These men & women have such high calibre qualifications, & degrees, & practical experience!


On Saturday we took a Helicopter tour of the island, & although I prefer both feet on the ground, it was a unique experience! There are 43,000 acres of sugarcane on Maui! I didn't think the island was that big! There is less & less pineapple being grown, & much of the plantation land is being developed into multi-million $ homes for Movie stars, etc.


As the sun sets on our third term of service here, I would like to leave you with a few photos. See you all soon!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home