Saturday, April 17, 2010

Ice Cream Party




One of the events when volunteers leave to go home, is to do something for the remaining volunteers. This week two couples from Saskatchewan left, and they treated us to an ice cream party around the pool after work. I have no idea what the grass skirt part was about, but if you want the ice cream, you go along. Parties like this are part of the reason that notwithstanding the physical work, very few leave having lost any weight.

Another change this week for me is that I lost my rotational duty and courier jobs. Our time is winding down, and I will spend part of my time doing work in the office until we leave. The joke always is that I must have really messed up, if I get sent to the office. Since I will be spending time with my old friend Nestor, I don't mind at all, but I did enjoy the courier (driving to the airport)assignment.

This is the first week of a new group of participants and it is always interesting to find out the backgrounds of these fellows. We always a good number of pastors, but the rest are as varied as there are occupations. Many call themselves businesspeople, but I never accept that explanation. While you don't want to appear noisy, businessman can mean anything, as can government worker. This week I met an interesting young fellow from Brazil, who works for a livestock tracibility company. We have a lawyer from India,a couple of University professors and the Resident Co-ordinator is a doctor (Pediatrition)from the Phillipines. A couple sessions back, we had a fellow who was going to be King of his tribe when he returned to Nigeria.

So we are into our final two weeks, and based on the warm weather that Ontario has experienced, my lawn will probably be needing me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home