Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Makena Beach

Another half day off (our last), so we spent the afternoon at the beach. It seemed particularly nice after reading the forecasted high & low Toronto temperatures in USA Today. We went with some other volunteers and the social time is always enjoyable.

The top picture shows Mount Haleakala from a distance. It really doesn't look over 10,000 ft high from this vantage point.

For anyone interested, I have not had any dead fish under my watch, at least not yet. I did go on the internet to check Koi prices. It seems the bigger ones, (12-14 inches) are around US$50 each from a breeder, but they don't sell well on eBay. Smaller Koi are much more reasonable.

We went on a tour of the larger hotel lobbies last night to view Christmas decorations. We visited three, the Marriott, Grand Wailea and the Fairmont. My pictures didn't turn out so you will have to accept my word that they don't spare any expense. I did ask at the front desk of the Marriott their "rack rate" and she reponded US$355. After Rotary today which meets at a Japanese owned resort, the Diamond, their rate is US$370 and they are about two blocks from the beach?? So I guess I should not concern myself how they afford Christmas decorations.
















1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pictures and great trips.

See you soon :)

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home